Monday, December 5, 2011

SAN ANTONIO TOUR

To start with, San Antonio is a place part of Chile. I have been in this place for two time already I think, but it was just this time that I was able to go ashore for unwind. I know there were still a lot of things to see on this place but because of the limited time we were not able to maximize the whole of it. So, I went shore together with one AB and one painter. But when we were riding the bus we were with the Captain. When we reached the city we parted ways with the captain. And so our journey at San Antonio, Chile starts. 

 This is a far view of series of houses at San Antonio. They got a very nice view facing the Pacific Ocean. But it seems like reachable by tsunami in case there would be and hope none.

 As we go near the designated berth for us, we would see piles of different shaped stones making the tip of the terminal ground. These piles of stones serves as a resting place for seals and different huge birds.

 My first activity for that day was to help out the Captain to test drive the MOB boat on the sea. Honestly, I didn't feel nervous even though it was my first time for I was so excited for this experience. He was the first to steer the boat away from the ship wherein we almost hit the hull. And after sometime, he let me steer it circling around the vicinity. I even was about an inch away with a seal happily swimming. Good thing I was no able to hit it hard for I might be sued by the local authorities there. It was a lot of fun.

 After about 45 minutes of steering the boat around the area, Captain asked me to steer the boat near the ship without hitting the hull and get near to the slings that would lift us with the boat up back to the ship. It was very hard to steer for the swell at San Antonio was so strong. Strong enough to capsized our boat. That's why I have to steer back and forth towards the ship because most of the time the swell would push our boat near to the hull. And for us to avoid it we have to steer away again until we could fit the sling back to our boat. Of course, in the end it was a success and was really fun experience for me.
 Introducing Able Bodied Seaman Felipe and Painter Joven. I was with them when we went ashore. And I am very grateful for this guys for making that short time tour so much fun andd unforgettable. At the back were fishing boats.
 Of course, I must also have a photo with at least one of them and here it goes. Smile! I brought jacket because it was so cold. But I don't know why, I feel so hot that day. As you would observe both Felipe and Joven were wearing their jackets all the time.

 That's the mall from far view facing the Pacific Ocean. It's very relaxing to be in that place just sitting and watch the sun sets. But of course, we cannot wait for the sun to set. We have to go back to the ship before it sets or else were screwed.

 Felipe and Joven treat me two donuts and medium size of coke. I am not a soft drink lover but it was part of the order so must have it. But I was not able to finish drinking all of it. Of course, I chose my favorite flavor which choco honey dip and for a change I forgot the name of the other donut.

 And yes, there's a Dunkin' Donuts at San Antonio. And I really love it.

 I always smile whenever I see this photograph. Because I really looked like a seafarer with this outfit on. By the way since it's christmas seasons there was a huge christmas tree and some nut crackers.

 Of course, I observed stalls around having a Merry Christmas greeting on the glass of there boutique. I wish I'll be home for Christmas.

 "Belen" as we call it in the Philippines. I love this Belen for it's life size. and complete with all the cast in that scene. I love you Jesus.

 I took a photo of the seaside. Just for photograph purposes.

 Oh ow. the sun is setting and we have to get back to the ship.

 Last photo souvenir.
 You would observe that there's a lot of dogs around the place. And some of them are even with breed. But this dog catch my attention. He was toying with us. lovely sweet dog. He even poses to the camera.


 And again, we farmed crabs. That was so many. And everybody's tummy was really filled.

That was the whole of my simple tour around San Antonio, Chile. A very satisfying one.

3 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to go abroad either for work or just for vacation.

    Chile seems to be a pretty nice place to hang out and there's Dunkin Donuts. hahaha. Great! love donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. got it right. theres a lot more to see. kaso short time lang meron kami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! Really interesting post

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete