Sunday, November 6, 2011

SINK MODE

When I arrived here on board my ship M/S OLGA MAERSK my sink was already damaged. Not totally damaged but it has a cracked. So, one day Captain Birger made an inspection for each cabin to check for any damage as part of preparation for the ships superintendent's arrival.

So what my capatain saw was a crack in my sink, missing hinges on my cabinet, damage stopper for doors and damage blinds. But still my cabin looks good with these things considered as a big damage.

So today, they started fixing my sink. Since the new sink arrived when we were in Rotterdam. It was the dayman Kuya Greg who started fixing my sink.

My old sink with a crack on its right side

Very cute crack on my sink

Here's my new sink, almost the same with the old one yet does not have any cracks


So you've seen my sink. I want to share who made part on this very day of my sink renovation.
Chief Engineer Dan and Chief Officer Victor

I was so amazed to see these guys fixing my sink. I was just watching because they were quite shy of what was my sinks condition. They don't even wanted me to step in to help. How nice isn't it? By the way the chief officer is a Romanian. It was him who asssigned the dayman to fix my sink.

Chief Engineer Dan
There was some problem with the way of connecting the pipes on the water inlet. So the chief officer callled the Chief Engineer to check it. The dayman was just ensuring that we would not damage anything. So we called for help. And here's the Chief Engineer to the rescue. LOL By the way he's a Danish. A good man.

Kuya Gregory Ragsag
 He's the man, the dayman. Hehehe. A very nice guy. There no sad time whenever you're with him. He always crack a joke to everyone. He started fixing the sink and also the one who finished it. See? a seafarer can also be a plumber after all.

I can't forget what kuya greg told me. "Sabi ni Chief mate, gawin ko na daw lahat ng sira sa cabin mo para happy ka daw" (Chiefmate said i should fix everything you cabin so you're happy) . Hahaha. this line made me laugh. am I that important? hahaha. but anyway everything ended with a successful job and thanks to everyone.

Of course, I thank both the chief engineer and officer. Of course more thanks to kuya greg.

Now, my sink looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment